Coaching in the Workplace: Putting Humanity First
This Seshie will focus on giving you the tools, skills, and hands-on practice to be more coach-like in your approach in the workplace, whether you’re a people manager, leader, or individual contributor.
Together, we’ll cover:
1) What coaching is, how it’s different from other ways you may be leading, and why coaching as a skill is an invaluable leadership and communication skill
2) Learn and practice the key coaching principles and skills through drills so you can begin coaching today
3) Practice having your own coaching conversation in breakouts
Why coaching skills? Especially in a remote/hybrid work environment, a coach-like approach helps bring out the best in everyone you work with (and in your life). Research shows that a coaching culture creates a climate where people can:
(1) freely give and receive feedback
(2) support and stretch each other’s thinking
(3) challenge each other with support and stress-test ideas where appropriate
(4) engage in development conversations that are short in length but strong in impact
Tawney has been in leadership development for more than 10 years, focusing on helping organizations build high-performing and cohesive teams through group and 1:1 leadership coaching. She focuses on creating strong and dynamic partnerships within businesses to foster and amplify your best work. She helps startups all over the world build their team and people practices, from hiring, to management training, to leadership development. Tawney’s unique approach combines her years working in tech and supporting startups with Co-Active Coaching and Organizational and Relationship Systems Coaching. She currently manages Google’s internal 1-1 coaching program and is a trainer and facilitator for managers and leaders, having trained over 20,000 leaders globally.
What Team Members Should Bring
The Setup For the Virtual Session
I'll be joining from my home office!
Diversity and Inclusion
Team Building and Camaraderie
Communication and Trust
Kindness and Empathy
Learning Something New
As a customer if you cancel 48 hours after you have booked a session with a guide you will get a 50% refund. If you cancel before the 48 hours you receive your full refund. Customers also receive full refunds whenever a guide cancels
How to Experience Seshie
Please make sure you and your team members have Zoom downloaded. After you book a seshie in the confirmation email you will receive details providing the Zoom link and password information.